We have a strong point of view on business as a professional services organization: Do what's right. Care to join us?
We're hiring for the following positions:
PR Tactics LEADER
We're looking for a hard working public relations guru to work on one of our biggest accounts. Our ideal candidate has a demonstrable track record of success placing their clients in consumer and business media, an innate intellectual curiousity, strong writing skills, and a desire to exceed expectations. If you're the one, you're probably a hard-charging SAE at an agency and looking for the next step. Or perhaps you're on the client-side, but looking to join an agency that appreciates your skill set.
You'll support our client by providing day-to-day tactical leadership of one of our biggest accounts. You'll lead a small team of dedicated professionals, and assist the PR leader with daily tasks: attending meetings, providing input and the like. Your biggest task will be making trains run on time, ensuring projects are on-time and on-budget. You'll be creating media materials, engaging with editors and producers, and earning placements. In short, you'll be a critical part of the Prefix account team and you'll report to the SVP/Director of Public Relations.
Daily activities will include:
- Account management
- Media pitching and networking
- PR materials creation (releases, by-lined articles, infographic copy, etc.)
- Interfacing with the client (100% client-facing role)
- Managing media events
- Being awesome
We're open to a wide range of experience, what we are looking for is a history of success. But here are some guidelines:
- You must have an instinct to default to action. That means in word association games, we'll say "you" and you'll say "productive"
- You should have 3-5 years of agency experience.
- You must be able to write for news media very well.
- You must be exceptional on the phone, and unafraid to call people you don't know, people who owe you nothing....and ask them to do something for you.
- You must have an eye for news. From human interest to market trends, to product features--you need to instinctively understand what makes for a great story.
- You must be a pleasant, or at least entertaining, person. If you're a curmudgeon, you better be pretty funny.
- You should be comfortable with a fluid professional environment.
- You should be intellectually curious. A good PR person learns about their client, a great PR person learns all about their client, their client's industry, their history, their culture, and their objectives...all without being told to do so.
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a very generous compensation package for the right person. We're not posting it here, but we'll tell you upfront in the interview process. We want you to be happy with your decision to join Prefix, so we make sure we're more than competitive.
To apply for this position, send a cover letter and resume to: jobs @ prefixpr.com
our cultural guidance
Do what's right.
Where can we be most relevant and purposeful today?
Algorithms are great, but people are more interesting.
We can't live forever, so we'll just have to do all the important things now. But to do that, we need to stay healthy in mind and body.